1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDA/SACD best place to buy

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by stevej, Aug 24, 2004.

1. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anyone got any recommendations for the best place(s) to buy DVDA/SACD ?

2. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worth looking at some US stores at the moment, with the favourable exchange rate. www.elusivedisc.com for everything including more obscure stuff, dvdpacific.com are cheap for more mainstream though they seem weak on preorders (still trying to find places listing the upcoming ray charles release, not many to choose from).

play.com are good but have a fairly limited range - obviously quicker than using US stores.

Stevie

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  4. andymc

andymc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have had DVD-A, SACD and DTS discs from www.play.com - good prices, www.mvc.co.uk - good selecetion but a bit more costly and wwwhmv.co.uk. Also try http://store.acousticsounds.com/ who are in the states but delivered to me very quickly with discs that were not available in the UK. CD WOW also had the Norah Jones SACD for an unbelievable £8.99 a while back so I had that too.

The only DTS disc I have so far is Steeley Dan - Gaucho which is fantastic, watch out though as many SACD, DVD-A's are butchered when they are remastered.

The best I have heard so far is Fleetwood Mac Rumours, James Taylors stuff, Gloria Estefan aint bad, but things that sounded dire, Mariah Carey, The Corrs - just unaturally mixed. Was also very disappointed with a Quincy Jones disc which should have sounded dynamic and open but ends up being arther flat and lifeless

Hope this helps

Andy

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Despite their recent security scare I still use www.dvdpacific.com - very cheap £9ish inc postage - make sure you select Airmail (4-5days to UK) and not Surface Mail (slower than an asthmatic glacier!)
    Paul ;)

6. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that.

A little OT. The thing that concerns me about the majority of the DVDA/SACD releases (or should that say re-releases!), is that they still seem to be geared towards the 'older' listener. Surely, with the ridiculously low prices for hardware, record companies should consider the fact that a lot of younger customers will want to get into the multi channel formats.

7. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    :eek: DVDPACIFIC??!!?!! Can we get a moderator to add that to the 'swearing list'

:offtopic:

8. Kenny Glasgow

Kenny Glasgow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Try play.com for great prices, they have Snow Patrol for £8.99 against dvd4music's whopping £18.99 :suicide:

Amazon have a better selection and their prices aren't too bad either.