1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvda on standard dvd player or scad on standard cd player ?????

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by mick23, Jun 18, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi all i have standard tosh dvd player sd110e and nad 541 cd player, i have only one dvda disk (yes-fragile) was not to impressed with this on dvd player, but leaving that aside.

IF there was a scad release that i wanted to purchase, my thoughts were (hybrid cd layer) on scad disk might be better quality played back on nad 541 than a dvda disk played back on a dvd player ,

but there seems to be some problems that some scad realeses with cd hybrid layer will or will not play on bog standard cd player.

thanks all

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    mick23 - although i bought Fragile I wouldnt say its was a great sounding dvd-a [even through a dvd-a player which i have]
    Try the dvd-a of Hotel California or ELP Brain Salad or Metallica if you want great sound even on an "ordinary" dvd player ...
    My son just bought an SACD / DVD / Receiver from Sony which he can now play his Dark Side of The Moon hybrid on & that sounds pretty impressive - as a CD in the car or in my dvd-a player it sounds like my CD version but an audiophile might have a better idea on that
    HTH - Paul ;)

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks paul i have h/california on cd original and remix, i will have a look on play and see if there is a dvda or scad of something from (dire straights) seem to recall there was something released from them, but not sure.