1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvda disk error query

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mick23, Jan 23, 2003.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    have tosh sd110e connected to 3802 by coax only,s-vidio lead to tv.

recieved my first ever dvd-a disk (yes-fragile) inserted into dvd player, get error message PLAYBACK RESTRICTED

cannot see or accsess a (screen menu for dvda disk) and would assume by default it would play in 5.1 or d/surround.
    do i have to alter something in dvd player menu??? or connect via analogue lead, or possibly faulty dvda disk, your advice please

2. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    If you mean a DVD-Audio disk then I don't think your sd110e supports them ?!?

Scott

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which disk is it? Most have a DD or DTS layer that should play on any DVD player via a digital cable. You only need the analogue cables for the DVD-A parts of the disk and if the player doesn't support DVD-A then there is no point. You should at least get a screen. I reckon the disk is dodgy. Does it have a menu on the back saying whats on it? Should say if it has a DD layer.

4. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    To my knowledge, all DVD-A titles have Dolby 5.1 mixes in order to be backwardly compatatbile (i.e. you get multichannel, just not high resolution)

The tosh *should* see it as a simple DVD and allow DD 5.1 sound via your coax or optical digital link

"Playback restricted" could mean that the players parental settings are enabled?

Are there any other error messages?

JJ

5. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks for replys
    tried again tonight everything now working ok, can use dd5.1 or dts 5.1 (although i had not altered anything setup etc) new dvd disk?????

must say though not exactly "overwhelmed" by using dvda dd or dts 5.1 verses using cd player in 5 channel sterio mode though, even allowing for the "lower resolution" of a dvd player as against dedicated (dvdaudio player)

could be my choice of dvda disk (yes-fragile) old 1972 remasterd to dvda, should possible have chosen a more up to date dvda disk to try, out of the limited options avaliable on play.com