DVD79, 1 month to repair!!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by philthyanimal, Jul 29, 2005.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a call from the shop i bought it from, finally arrived back from arcam. I took it in on the 1st of this month. I thought Arcam were supposed to be good with after sales support. :thumbsdow

2. ahin4114

ahin4114

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    I've heard worse believe me, remember to account for the time between when the shop got it, when they actually sent it, when Arcam received it etc. etc.

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    These days if it came back to me working as it should within one month - I would be happy enough.
    When my Arcam CD player needed a repair it only took two working days and was done free of charge - outside of warranty.
    Some other makers run out of parts - or can't repair properly at all - as said - I would guess most of the delay was at the dealer rather than Arcam ? :cool:

4. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thats what they told you.
    They wont tell you they have had it there for a couple of weeks, but piled a load of box's on top of it and totally forgot about it.
    Or maybe they only sent it off last week.

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Arcam try to complete repair on DiVA products with 2 weeks of receiving them. On top of this you have the extra 2-3 days before it is collected from the dealer and the extra 2-3 days before it is sent back to the dealer. This accounts for approximately 3 weeks. I would say that 4 weeks is not an unreasonable amount of time given the possibility of Arcam requiring parts that were out of stock or that at this time of year a lot of their employeees are taking their annual leave which will leave all departments including the service department short of staff.

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    seems good service to me, well done ARCAM, my Tag DVD32R was away for >6 months and there are worse stories than that. Think yourself lucky... Denon are another bad one...

7. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well tried it last night. Think they've sent me a replacement :thumbsup: . There was a film layer covering the display, all my audio settings were gone, it was set to RGB scart instead of component and it was no longer multi region. Not complaining though.

8. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Not likely to be a replacement but they do make a point up upgrading the firmware, and performing a full reset of the machine before returning it. The plastic film over the display is also standard practise for Arcam before returning products so that they remain in good nick. All in all pretty good service I would say.