1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD32R - Won't start after power cut?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by tony @ suffolk, May 20, 2005.

1. tony @ suffolk

tony @ suffolk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I live out in the wilds, & we are very prone to power cuts, often in the evening when we're halfway through a good movie! :mad: For some reason, my DVD32R goes completely dead for a while after a power cut, but then starts normally the next day. I'm unsure how long it takes to recover from this, but certainly it's longer than half an hour.

I recently fitted a "Sounds Fantastic" power filter thingy, but this hasn't made any difference. Is this normal? I recently had the PSM module fitted, and the Unit is still under a six-months' warranty, so if there's a problem I'd rather get it sorted now.

Any help would be much appreciated! :lease:

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    This isn't the old gotcha of the unit returning to its last state on power up?? i.e. if it was in standby when the power went out it will power up and go back into standby.. Same thing if you put the unit into standby and then press the power button on the unit to turn it off, pressing the power button back in will only return the unit to its standby previous state... Best way to check is press "open" if the unit doesn't burst into life then you may well have a fault... Of course there might be a protection circuit built into the unit that prevents an instant power up if the unit had a bad mains cutoff but I've never seen that one myself before...

3. tony @ suffolk

tony @ suffolk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Thanks for the help Graham, but unfortunately nothing seems to work. Checked fuses, changed plugs etc.
    I've been in touch with my dealer & he's going to lend me a spare unit whilst mine is off being fixed. Ho hum!