1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD32R - Tagaki or Sanyo Mech Differences ?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by PhilCTTE, Sep 2, 2005.

1. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I'm considering selling my DVD player and wondered what the differences are between the two mechanisms is one better than the other ? The only info I know on this is that the Tagaki is the original mech and all newer players had the Sanyo. Is one more reliable ? I must admit apart from the door mechanism upgrade when it went into Tag for its PSM, I've had no problems at all :eek:

2. City_Knight

City_Knight
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sanyo copes better with DVD-R media..
    We should turn this thread into a DVD-32R FAQ, something like this:
    ddmmyy - introduced
    ddmmyy - modification 1 (serial xx>)
    ddmmyy - sanyo mech fitted as standard (serial xx>)

Typical problems
    Pantera chip does y - diagnosis - cure - approximate cost - approx repair time
    Drawer mechanism does z - diagnosis - cure - approximate cost - approx repair time
    Flexifoil does xx - etc
    Power supply does yy - etc

3. PhilCTTE

PhilCTTE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Good idea. Although it wont do me any favours when or if I try and sell the DVD player. Looks like you've encountered a few problems. My equipment is used everyday I'm getting nervous. Perhaps I've got one of the good ones. Tempting fate maybe.... With all these problems posted about the DVD player might not make economical sense to sell it. I've got no idea how much it is worth.