1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd32r picture problem

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by xa200, Jun 1, 2005.

1. xa200

xa200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    My dvd32r has developed a strange problem through the component outputs. The picture stays pink continously. However using svhs the picture is fine. The picture is pink for both component outputs and i have no idea why. I have tried a differnt cable to no avail. The unit is a standard unit without the psm module. Does anyone have any idea as i don't want to be without it while the service department tries to sort it out.
    thanks

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there

My memory is a little rusty regarding the video settings on the DVD32R, but I think your display device may have reverted back to expecting an 'RGB' signal.

Investigate this first, that should cure it.

3. hmuller

hmuller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi xa200,

Silly question but have you selected the component output setting in the DVD32R menu. If its still left on composite/s-video then I believe that some of the component connections are used for a split (higher quality) S-video type of connection using BNC connectors and that results in a pink display on a component TV input.

hans

4. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVD32R has 3 video chips, so you can only have s-video/ composite or component.

5. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pink colour indicates thst your Interlaced component is only available via the RCA "phono" connectors.

The fact that your display is pink means that this display device is capable of displaying non interlaced signals.

Use the remote commands to change from RGB or COMPONENT out and this will rectify the pink picture.

6. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pink colour indicates thst your Interlaced component is only available via the RCA "phono" connectors.

The fact that your display is pink means that this display device is capable of displaying non interlaced signals.

Use the remote commands to change from RGB or COMPONENT out and this will rectify the pink picture.

Sorry slight mistake component is available from the BNCs when the psm is not fitted

7. xa200

xa200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies. It was due to svhs being selected in dvd menu. I don't know how it happened but since i havn't changed the menu of the dvd player for over a year i didn't even think about it. Well thanks for you help.
    :smashin:

8. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Alls well that ends well.