1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD32r colour change

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by johnson, Jun 10, 2005.

1. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi
    I would like to change the colour of my dvd32r to black(to match my av)
    Phil at IAG(nice chap!) has told me they have no stock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards
    Simon

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Apart from swapping with someone your stuffed. Everything but the front panel is easy though, I suppose if you don't mind loosing the button legends you could get the lot sprayed black? It won't match the anoldised front panel of the other TAG kit but it would be a whole heap better than silver....
    An interesting aside, in that IAG don't have any spare front panels, what are they going to do if they need one for a warrenty claim or damage one during a repair? I'd have thought they would have a few on the shelf in line with SOGA? Anyone?

3. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even before IAG, we never 'changed' the colour of a DVD32R - it was never economically viable

4. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    If you don't count the guy sending black DVD32R for repairs and getting back silver one :D

5. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Interesting subgect is colour change.

Last year in November I found an absolute bargain - "FULL HOUSE" AV192, but in Silver, (it's still for sale by the way at Martins in Norwitch).

I got a quote from IAG/TAG just to change the front panel to black - over 500 quid.

I could not figure out why so much, and besides the good Dr Udo giving me 100 reasons I could not come to terms with the cost.

BTW - good point of Grahams as to why IAG don't have some spares to cope with warranty claims etc.........