1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD32FL & PSM price drop!

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Inotrope, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Inotrope

Inotrope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Have you noticed that the PSM upgrade is now only £300 from HiFibitz?
    Mine arrived last Friday, and recieved (spontaneously!) a nice refund on £400 from them today!

How's that for service! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Aaahhhh.... let the torture stop!

More or less decided to go for a CDT20R and HTPC setup (which my head still says is the superiour choice) at a total cost of 1000 pounds or so.

And this comes along.... although the head still says quality wise a DVD32FLR + PSM is not a better option than a CDT20R and HTPC setup (except probably for audio with DVD) it is very tempting. The DVD32FLR + PSM seems like a nice all-in-one solution for high quality CD and DVD replay and progressive scan DVI output video....

3. Raphie

Raphie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    but it has no scaler so only 525P and no 720P or 1080i. My Pioneer plasma supports 1080i over HDMI (so does my Pioneer 868 DVD) i ordered the DVD32FLR but only as a CD transport upgrade from my ARCAM Diva CD192

4. Bolle

Bolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yep, the lack of a scaler is holding me back. And also as far as I know the Silicon Imaged chipset on the PSM is not as good as a Faroudja DCDi.

I've occasionaly been using my PC (after dragging it from my desk to the projector) with Theatertek 2.1 and FFDSHOW in 720P with my Sanyo Z2 (1280x720 native resolution) and I must say it looks absolutely fantastic! A world apart from the 576i my old Sony player puts out....

So after tasting this I don't believe the picture quality of the DVD32FLR is a match for a HTPC. Allthough it strikes me as a nice 'all-in-one' CD/DVD solution although with a slight compromise in picture quality.

Have you send a present yet to you mother in law yet for all the hassle with your TAG gear :D