dvd1920 via dvi audio problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by topcat73, Oct 18, 2005.

1. topcat73

topcat73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm looking for some advice on the dvd 1920. I have connected the player (using a hdmi to dvi adaptor) to the dvi socket (RGB1) of a hitachi pd5200E and after a few problems i have now got a picture. The adaptor seems to be faulty so i have contacted the shop and they are replacing it free. Having never used DVI before i did not know that it does not carry an audio signal, does anybody know how i would connect the player to the plasma to get the audio signal? the only other connection near the dvi socket is a 3.5mm jack plug and surely the sound quality from that would be very poor? As yet i have no AV amp.

2. Spacedog

Spacedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since your tv has only a DVI input (instead of a HDMI one which would also carry sound) it would probably also have a 2channel analog input (2xRCA plugs) for you to connect a sound source (if it's not near the DVI input try looking into your tv manual for this input). In your particular case, that sound source will be the 2channel analog outs of your Denon 1920.

Just connect the 2ch analog outs of your Denon to the 2ch analog inputs on your tv and you're ready to go! :thumbsup:

3. topcat73

topcat73

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the prompt reply. There are some RCA inputs but they seem to be for other channels (AV1, AV2 etc) I am currently using one of them with my cheap dvd recorder connected via an S-video cable assigned to AV3. somebody has suggested that i might be able to assign RCA terminal of another input to the DVI channel. If i had known before i purchased i would probably have opted for the component cables instead but having paid £70 for a HDMI cable and DVI adapter i would like to try everything else first!