1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Zone 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mikeonfreeserve, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Mikeonfreeserve

Mikeonfreeserve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of trying this French(?)e-tailer to get Men in Black and Independence Day 2 disc sets for approx £35 inc postage but does anyone have experience of them and should the discs be OK to play on my multi region MiCO?Thanks.

2. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used them once a long time ago before play came on the scene and ordered Leon from them. No problems as far as I remember, and of course they are very useful for obtaining french films in fact my copy of Goodfellas is a French copy [still a flipper mind]

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I would be wary of is to check the soundtracks. Living in Germany I buy a lot of R2 German DVDs. Sometimes, but not always, the German soundtrack will be in DD 5.1, but the English soundtrack will be in DD 2.0 only. I would assume this is because with all the other languages that tend to be available on European (rather than UK) DVDs, there just isn't room for multiple 5.1 soundtracks on some disks.

How much of a problem this is for you depends on how good your French is, I guess!