1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD X Copy Platinum or Xpress

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by darthweb, Jun 1, 2004.

1. darthweb

darthweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just found a website selling 321 Studios now banned DVD X Copy products at Edited by Sigismund they do both a postal and download service.

Before I purchase I really want to know whether to go for the XPRESS or Platinum version. Does anyone have any experience of both?

Many thanks

2. Sigismund

Sigismund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    As it seems as though the product has been banned I've edited out the web site you linked to just to be on the safe side .

Moving to DVD Talk :)

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The Platinum version had enhanced options for variable compression, and the ability to pick out just the parts you want to back up, rather then the whole disc, i.e. the movie without the extras, but it was quite difficult to work out which part was which. The Express version copied the entire disc, and used automatic compression in order to fit the backup copy onto one disc. The Express version was contained within the Platinum version... so I believe. [​IMG]

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    I would say neither and recommend either DVD Shrink or CloneDVD2. Both are better IMO.
    CloneDVD2 if you wish to preserve menus, DVD Shrink with Deep Analysis if you don't. Both are sweet proggies :)