DVD Writer with LightScribe?

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by stiscooby, Sep 12, 2007.

1. stiscooby

stiscooby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm looking at replacing my old Pioneer 106 drive and have came across a few drives with LightScribe (I didn't even know they existed lol).

Anyway I was looking on Tomshardware.co.uk at the reviews of some DVD-RW on there and it would seem the Pioneer 112 seems to be rated one of the best but doesn't have the LightScribe feature.

Now I’m not too bothered about having this feature but it's one of those things that you wouldn't mind having if it's there. Are these drives any good because going by the review it took nearly twice as long to rip a DVD (using the LG GSA-H42L) than what the Pioneer 112 did.

Are there any other drives out there which have the LightScribe feature but burn quicker?

2. tinners

tinners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    Ive got a LiteOn LH-18A1H which has Lightscribe and burns quickly enought for me

3. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Another vote for LiteOn and also a note that model numbers move on quickly. I have LiteOn LH-20A1H but this is now superceeded by the DH-20A3H. I always use LiteOn and all the LiteOn drives I've used have been great.

Even at 16x, no DVD should take more than 6 minutes of burning (Unless dual-layer of course).

Dan.

Edit: The LH-20A1H has lightscribe but I'm not sure that the new DH-20A3H has.