1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd writer for lifebook p7010

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TomOfArabia, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TomOfArabia

TomOfArabia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a fujitsu siemens lifebook p7010... what a gorgeous laptop! so small yet connections for everything. Unfortunately in the modular drive bay when i bought it was just a dvd-rom/cdrw drive. FS make a dvd multi writer for it but i cant find it available anywhere in the uk!

Does anyone know a uk stockist where i can buy one?? or even a website that will deliver to a uk address?

Any help much appreciated :)

2. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    Have you tried searching for an FS reller here?

If you have no joy feel free to PM me & I'll try my old trade contacts. Don't expect much change out of £150 though so you may be better off with a 3rd party USB device.

Update
    I've just been quoted a TRADE price of £194 + delivery + VAT with a 10 day lead time....

3. TomOfArabia

TomOfArabia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that! i had looked at that link before but it implied it was only for b2b sales..

can u please give me details of the supplier you found..expensive but that's what i expected!

need to decide now whether to go for this or a 3rd party device... do u know of any ultra slim multi format, dual layer if poss, usb2 or firewire devices that may do the job instead?

4. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    It was Ideal Hardware but they are a trade only distributor, you wouldn't be able to buy from them. If you can't find it elsewhere I would propably be able to source it for you.

Something like this as an alternative? No idea if it's any good though.

Just remembered this thread.

5. TomOfArabia

TomOfArabia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers 4 all ur help croc, jus found a slimline liteon writer for a much more reasonable price! 8x max but dual layer and all formats..