DVD with two scart with rgb passtrough and rgb output and one componant output?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by benwi, Apr 3, 2002.

1. benwi

benwi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a dvd with two scart with rgb passtrough and rgb output and also one componant output.
    I have found that Philips 952, 957 and 962 meet these demands.
    The reason for these demands are that I want to be able to connect my dvd and vcr over rgb to the vga input on my PT-AE100. I also want to be able to use the componant input on the projector.
    I know that these players are delivered with ntsc progressive scan in the US but for some reason this is taken away on the european machines. Since I only have region 2 dvd:s I have no use for the progressive scan unless it is pal.
    I have found the Philips 962 at hivizon.com with both pal and ntsc progressive scan but then it would cost me something like £600 to get it imported to Sweden.
    I have found the Philips 952 multiregion in Sweden for only £300 but then there is no progressive scan of any kind.
    I'm willing to pay up to £400.

So my questions are:
    Which player should I choose?
    Are there any other players that would fit my demands?

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Pioneer 737!

Does it all except PAL prog scan. However, there are moves afoot to hopefully provide that feature in the future.
    The pioneer looks fantastic on my AE100 via R1 prog scan. S Video is also very good too.
    R2 interlaced is also a winner.

I bought mine from Bolton Sound and Vision (in the UK) multi region for £390 incl. p&p.

Never regretted it.

Read the review of it in the hardware section of this site. I 'd recommend it over the Philips any day of the week.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,253
    er...VCR's don't support RGB thru SCART.....

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    :confused:

er... yes they do.