Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

DVD with single digital out & DAC

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by witters, May 15, 2004.

1. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    My Pioneer 370 has only a co-axial digital output but I want to use it with a Meridian DAC. Is there any way to split the co-ax signal to use it with both my AV amp & the DAC please?

2. CJROSS

CJROSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +343
    You need a "splitter" Witters there were a few coaxial splitters a couple of years ago on the market but cant seem to find them on the net these days the nearest I can find is toslink ones :

http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/dept.asp?Hash=168&dept_id=109

Ie convert from Coaxial > toslink > 3 way toslink splitter, you should find one though (Ive looked at Maplins & Lektropaks and no joy in coaxial terms) but there is another company worth trying called Keene Electronics they might have what you need.

Left field suggestion here cant you feed the 370 directly into the yammie AV amp and feed out towards the 203 in coaxial terms ?

Anyway good luck.

3. witters

witters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +293
    Thanks for that - I'll have a look.