DVD with built in DTS decoders, are they really any goo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tiggy, Dec 12, 2001.

1. tiggy

tiggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI,
    Quick and simple.
    Are these players just as good for producing the sound without the need for spending extra on a seperate Sub. saw a nice player for a little short of £500, so you would think so, or NOT.
    Cheers.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    29 people have so far viewed this post and no-one has replied. I suspect that it is because we don't understand the question.

Some DVD players with built in decoders are good whilst some are not but the question of a sub is not really relevant to an internal decoder.

What exactly have you seen as I suspect that you are talking about "all in one units" and not dvd players.

Ian

3. lmccauley

lmccauley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    For example, the old Pioneer 606D has a built in (DD only, not DTS) decoder which is quite poor - the sub level is set much too low and you can't adjust the relative output levels for the rear speakers. I believe that some later models also had similar problems.

Cheers,
    Liam

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your AV has decoders, they will probably be better than the DVDs, plus this way you can use all the internal processing of the AV...

So forget about decoders on the DVD players...