1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD with Auto Power Off

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by OneEyedStuart, Apr 6, 2005.

1. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +813
    Hi,

I would like to replace my bedroom player, needn't be anything too fancy but must have the ability to set a sleep timer on it. I sometimes watch a movie in bed, fall asleep half way through then wake up in the middle of th enight to see a menu repeating itself endlessly :rolleyes: .

Any ideas ?

Regards
    Keith hurst

2. Ciqala

Ciqala

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    couldnt you just put it on a timer switch and set it to turn off 2 hours after you start playing the movie?

at least then you dont have to compromise on the dvd player to get one with this feature that may not perform as well as one without this feature.

3. Benfica

Benfica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some TV sets do have a sleep timer. Does yours have one ? Could be a solution.

HTH

4. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +813
    yep could certainly do this, no question about that. I used to have a player a few years ago which had this functionality but it had to be returned to the outlet as it never did anything else too well unfortunately lol.

I'm not after an all singing all dancing machine for the bedroom, squillion bit Video DAC decoders are not an issue for me here when watching a movie in bed, usually knackered, on an old tosh 21" telly. I mean we're not talking state of the art.

Downstairs however its a different matter.

Regards
    Keith Hurst

5. OneEyedStuart

OneEyedStuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +813
    The TV set I use does have a sleep timer and I do use it, however the disc in the player keeps spinning and I'd really like to cut that if at all possible.

Regards
    Keith Hurst