1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD via Sky+ problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dayloon, Jul 27, 2005.

1. dayloon

dayloon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got my Sony DVD player connected via the vcr scart socket on my sky+ box. However, when I watch DVD's they all have a very strong red tint. I've tried a different scart cable. I've even tried a different dvd player. Same results every time. It works find when connected directly to my TV but my tv only has 1 rgb scart socket which sky is connected to. Any idea why this is ? Am i going to have to buy a scart switcher to get round the problem?

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    Either that or daisy chain them. They both have RGB passthrough so you can link them up either way. I'd suggest connecting the RGB scart of the Sony to the TV and the RGB scart of the Sky+ box to the second scart of the Sony. This will allow you to record Sky+ when you want to, and will allow RGB pass through the Sony when you want to watch the Sky+.

Regards

Mark