DVD-VCR-HDD Combi or separates?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by colin148, Feb 6, 2009.

1. colin148

colin148
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought new home TV room set up, and want to ensure I can get all the old family VHS tapes playable and better still copied to DVD.
    Option A) a DVD rec / VHS Player
    Option B) DVD Rec / HDD / VHS recorder
    Option C) DVD Rec / and a seperate VHS player that could be put away in a cupboard once all tapes are copied, ( year 2012 seems a possibility..)
    - But would their be an issue with synchronisng the recording etc etc...?

Last option, is to Copy all tapes from a VHS player to PC, then make a DVD and play back through a DVD Payer..

Whats the best option as I dont want to have too much kit, but on other hand the risk of a 3 way combi going kaput would mean a lot of dosh wasted. Whereas a standa alone VHS player would be cheap ( if I could find one anywhere?)

guidance please.....

2. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622
    the last option is best

a sony , pioneer or panasonic hdd/dvd recorder as you will use most or all of its functions

and buy a cheap vcr if you havent already got one , and transfer footage from vcr to the dvdr hdd , edit , and then transfer to dvd disks

and scrap the vcr when finished ( or put it away with the tapes , just in case )