DVD-VCR Combos - RBG out?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Paul Reading, Sep 9, 2003.

1. Paul Reading

Paul Reading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I cannot buy a high quality VCR no one seems to make them anymore, the only ones which apprear to be high quality are DVD-Combo units.

Are/do any of the current models available provide RGB out for VCR material or do they only provide it for DVD sources.

Secondly can anyone recommend a unit with a high quality video, I already have an Arcam DVD so I am not interested in that part of the unit.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Vhs and svhs videos record the luminance and chroma signals seperately. So s-video is the highest quality connection you can get out of them. Only recorders based on higher technology like d-vhs, dvds or hard drives are capble of giving out rgb signals. If you buy a dvd-vcr combo the vcr section will more than likely just give out a composite or s-video image even if the dvd section can give out a rgb image.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The best you'll get out of all DVD/VCR's that I'm aware of is composite from the VCR section, but the DVD can usually output RGB and S-VHS.

I'd suggest you hunt down an S-VHS VCR which should be even cheaper than the combo units.