DVD/VCR combo

A

asle

Hello,
I'm planning a purchase of a DVD/VCR combo.
I need component output.

Does anybody have a combo like this, and what are your experiences? And also, how easy is it to copy from DVD to VCR (problems with protected dvd's?)

cheers in advance!

A lot of usa spec modesl have component out but uk models often remove the component out socket and put a scart socket in its place. Also direct dvd to vhs recording is only normally possible if their is no macrovision or css etc on the dvd. However there are hacks sometimes or chipping. Check out;

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=&Search=Search&dvdvcr=1&Submit2=Search

Might be some useful info about models in the comments.

Hello,

tnx for your suggestion,
however the dvdrhelp site mentions US models,
and I'm from Belgium,
so would someone happen to know this for EU models?

cheers

Check out the Toshiba 33VB, at the back you will find component out, 2 Scarts (one RGB Out) and Svideo etc.. The player support both Pal and NTSC Prog Scan.

Hi there,
well my voyage around the internet finally gave me the Toshiba sdv33 as the only dvd-vhs combi (in Europe that is) which does have component out, however apparently someone from Toshiba said it does NOT have progressive scan?!
Can someone else confirm me otherwise (this person I was talking was not really knowing what he was talking about).
cheers all!

Toshiba are correct there is no prog scan on the 33. I think the DVD section of the combi is based on the sd-330 player. Have you thought of seperates, the sd-330 can be bought for £80 from amazon.co.uk (EU spec) and you could pick up a decent 6 head VCR for £80, hich would kill the quality on the 33 combi (V. poor quality)

Rich

Hello,
yes another source from Toshiba confirmed that the sdv33 does NOT have progressive scan.

As I work with the Sharp Z90 projector (I sold my big screen SONY TV, so everything I was is projected on the wall now) , I'm planning to buy a combi-dvd/vhs, for easy copying from dvd to VHS, and not have the hassle of lots of cables, which is a nightmare already!
On the other hand, I want my money spent to be an "investment" for the future, so I want component out with progressive scan. After all, this does not seem possible on a combi dvd/vhs player.
So I need to go for separate components.

Nowadays, you can buy dvd-players here in Belgium supermarkets for prices as low as 60 euro's (about the same in USD), so would you recommend me going for a better brand/model with component out & progressive scan, and will I thank myself for going for this option?

cheers

The Toshiba SD-34VB DOES have Pal Progressive, and supports DivX !

I'm also looking for a combi DVD/VCR and this one so far looks the best to me.
Multiregion for £129 inc VAT & postage is a good price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom