DVD/VCR combi

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dennis Leighton, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Help please!!I wish to transfer about 80 VHS tapes as well as my Digital 8 camcorder tapes to disc. I had intended doing this via my P.C. but it is too complicated for me and so am wondering if a better way is via a DVD/VCR combi (preferably with ilink)? Editing is not a problem though I would hope that a jog shuttle would be on any combi. Can anyone recommend to me a suitable machine within a £300 price budget? Very many thanks.

2. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the JVC DR-MV1 which has a dub facility - easy transfer from vhs to DVD or DVD to vhs or i-link to DVD etc. Can be used without turning the TV on. Also has component (if the TV will take it) or RGB through scart/S-video. It also has twin tuners so you can record to both DVD and VHS simultaneously (or playback through one while recording on the other).

Can be got for about £300 (some even sell as multi region) via the internet.

Hope this helps

3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Daren that sounds just the very thing I am looking for. Thanks very much for the info. It has helped enormously in my search.

4. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi Daren,
    Thought I would let you know that I followed your recommendation and bought the JVC DR-MV1 combi. I am delighted with it and it does everything you said and more' I got the multi region version from {ulr}www.hiwayhifi.com{/url} for £289.95! Thanks once again.