DVD Upgrade Dilemma

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Monster, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've got a Tosh SD2109 that I bought from Richer Sounds a year ago for 260.00. I took out a warranty which allows me to return it in its packaging in perfect condition and they will allow half the original price towards a replacement. I'm starting to think that the DVD is letting down the rest of my set-up and don't know whether to upgrade now or wait 6 months to see if DVD-A becomes more affordable.

Rest of system:
    Panasonic TX32PK1
    Sony STRDB940
    Celestion F1 fronts, FCentre and Mission 77DS Rear speakers.

Am I right or will an upgrade make little difference? Looking at spending about 400.00 on new DVD.

Any opinions gratefully received!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same position to a degree. I've got a MICO A980 which is hooked into a Toshiba 33" TV via a s-video cable. I have connected the digital output into a TAGMclaren AV32R and I have Castle Harlechs, Castle Keep, Mission 77DS's and a REL Q100E sub. Although I think the picture and sound are great, I keep wondering if I should upgrade to a Toshiba 900E. The thing is that I play my cd's on an Arcam Alpha 7SE so I'm not sure if I would be spending money for the sake of it. I, too, would be glad of some independant advise.