1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd, Tv, Sky & Playstation

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mp301361, Jan 11, 2004.

1. mp301361

mp301361

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me the best way to connect tv, sky, dvd player (with 6 speakers) and playstation using scarts etc. I would also like to use picture in picture facility from the tv using any combination of these if possible.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    For that need to know exactly what you have with links to technical data Especially the TV and DVD.

3. mp301361

mp301361

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV(Sony Trinitron): PAL, SECAM, NTSC3.58, 4.43 (only video in). It has three * 21 pin CENELEC scarts. One has a/v input, RGB input, TV and a/v output. The second has a/v input, RGB input and monitor a/v output. The 3rd (SMARTLINK) has a/v input, S video input selectable a/v output and Smartlink interface. There is a forth S-video link that i'd prefer not to link to (as it is in the front section of the TV)

The video (AIWA) is a combination of DVD (PAL/NTSC) and video (PAL/MESECAM/NTSC). There are 2 scart sockets. The first is labelled video in+out dvd out. The second is labelled euro av1 audio/video. There is an S-video out jack and an AV3(opt) digitial audio in socket. The six speakers are connected to this system (2* front, 2*rear, 1*centre and 1*sub-woofer.

The sky digibox is made by Amstrad and has TV and video scart connectors. I do not have any other connection info.

All have ariel and RF out connectors.

The playstation has one scart connection.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    OK DVD> AV1 on TV
    SKY TV scart to AV2 on TV SKY VCR socket to AV in on DVD Watch SKY on AV2 on TV. Playstation to AV3 or get S-video lead and USE S-video SCART (AV3) input on TV. Or just use AV3 but will be lower quality. IF DVD has audio inputs IE Sound From sky etc use these for PS and Sky.
    Hope this helps.
    MAKE sure SKY and DVD are set to output RGB.