DVD\TV\SKY+ connection quandary

L

leagro

Hi,

Another "How do I connect things" question!

I've got the following kit
  • Sony 32" CRT
  • Philips LX7500 all-in-one system
  • SKY+ (V2)

Currently, I've connected the sky box to the philips, & then the philips to the TV both using scart. This seems to work ok, (a bit fiidly having to remember to select the correct source on the Philips system to get sky).

Would it still be beneficial to connect the sky box to the dvd system with an optical lead?

Is this the usual way to set it up, or would i be better connecting both the dvd & sky direct to the tv with 2 scart leads & then use a 3rd scart to connect sky to dvd (again, perhaps also using an optical cable)?

My sony has 3 scart sockets, but unfortuantely i can't find the manual to confirm if\how many RGB scart sockets it has http://www.avforums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=123#
Mad

Appreciate any comments.
kieron

You should be able to download a pdf of the manual from the Sony website. My 36FS70 has RGB on AV1, with S-video on the other 3 scarts.

I connect my Sky+ to my DVD recorder, then to the RGB-enabled AV1 on the TV. The other DVD players (don't ask!) are either connected using S-video to the TV, or my amp (overkill!)
It is definitely worth connecting the Sky box's optical out to an amp. You can then get some movie channels (and the Disney channel) in DD 5.1

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom