1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd tv combinations - Advice please - confused female

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by samlees2002, Jan 9, 2005.

1. samlees2002

samlees2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am looking for a dvd / tv combi for under £200.00, but need to know if possible do they all record? And which ones have fast text? Which one would you reccommend for a good price?
    Many thanks

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Dear SamLees,

You're probably in the wrong bit of the forum here, but I understand why you posted your question here! I'll answer anyway.

No TV/DVD combo's record onto DVD at the moment. Certainly none that I am aware of.

If you need to make recordings from the TV and you want an all-in-one setup you'll have to stick with a TV/VHS recorder. The only way to record onto DVD's at the moment is either with a computer or with a commercially available DVD Recorder/Player. See the appropriate DVD Recorder forum for more info on them.

For more info on TV Combis Try searching with Google.

Hope this is of help.

Jimmy

3. The_Wierd

The_Wierd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    After a quick look I see Comet have a Thomson 21" combi for just under £200.

We have the TV only version of this in our bedroom and it has a very nice picture and is quite attractive to look at. I don't know what the DVD player is like, but it might be worth a look.

Regards,
    Wierd

4. Krance

Krance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Sam,

don't think you will get a combo to record at all. You have probably read that they have DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD+RW etc. this only means they will play them... not record them