DVD Tray Problem......

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an old Pioneer 626 dvd player.....It doesnt get used anymore as Ive upgraded many times since those days.

My problem with it is that on a 'normal' dvd player you press eject and the tray stops when its open for you to insert the dvd you want to watch....

On mine its started to withdraw the tray on its own. what happens is that I press eject, the tray opens, then within 1/2 a sec it draws the tray back in.....If your quick enough you can get a dvd in and then it plays fine.....but im looking to sell it on and cant sell it if its doing that.

Any hardware guru's know whats wrong ? Why the tray is doing this and how to fix it ? As I say, it plays fine if your quick enough in putting the disc in.

p.s. Mods, sorry if this querey is in the wrong place, I wasnt sure.

just a thought but maybe its not the tray, but the tray button getting sticky/stuck?

does it happen if you use eject on remote and machine?

yeah, it happens when using the remote control too.....

If I actually grab the tray just before it goes back in and pull it out a little further it holds then.....

It's a mechanical problem, probably dirty/oxidised contacts or a dirty optical sensor in the part of the tray mechanism that detects the tray position. I have seen the same problem on computer CD-rom drives.

Hope this helps:smashin:

Hmmmmmm, Same problem with Arkwright's till in Open all hours.:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom