DVD Trailers, How to remove?

wapit

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been happily backing up my DVD's using DVD decryptor to the hard drive without any compression and it works a treat.
My problem is that many of these DVD have Trailers at the beginning before getting to the main menu which is beginning to annoys me!

Is there a way of removing these trailers without re-processing the whole disk again.
I have tried DVD Shrink but it seems to re-process to whole directory even if I asked not to compress the movie. Also for what ever reason it did not behave as I expected i.e. the trailers remained, even though i had chosen the replace with still image? I don’t get it.
There must be a way of simply removing the offending VOB file or something right? Maybe there is a way to start the movie straight at the DVD menu by modifying a file?

Can Someone teach me :lesson:
Wapit

DVD Shrink can do this, but it will make all menus into still images - which I hate.

DVD Decrypter is far better at this. Go into IFO mode and deselect anything that has a time line of a trailer. If your not sure if it a trailer or not, click on the stream processing tab (check the box) and demux the audio & video to a folder and check it out.

It is time consuming, but then again it is worth it.

drummerjohn said:
Easiest way is to install AnyDVD - this will skip to the title menu when you launch the DVD.
Yeah DVD Shrink should remove the PUOs so you can fast forward/skip the trailers and adverts.

drummerjohn said:
Easiest way is to install AnyDVD - this will skip to the title menu when you launch the DVD.

I've only used an old version but I seem to recall AnyDVD not being utilised when films were launched from folders on the hard drive.

DVD Shrink can also turn the trailers into black screen but it will still last as long as the oriiginal time of the trailers.

The best way is to use VOBBlanker to actually blank and remove the trailers completely. It has a preview so you can view the titles on the DVD and find them.

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

Hi,

Thanks for all the repiles, my thoughts:

DVD Decrypter seems to only work from the origonal disk as source and i really do not want to re do all my dvd's again.
AnyDVD is a comercial product and so I would need to spend some money, i was looking for a free solution.
DVDShrink sounds like it would do the job, i need to spend a bit more time working out how it work, however if it just ends up blanking the tralier but plays for the same time then it's no good either.
So currently I like the sound of VOBBlanker, so i will give it a go tonight and let you know how I get on.

Once again thanks for your sugesstion so far.

Wapit :clap:

There is a automatic option which may save you some time. After you happy. The program has to process the files again to a new folder.

DVD Decrypter the DVD (in file mode) to a folder.

Load this DVD into VOBBLanker by selecting the video_ts.ifo file.

Choose/create a output folder.

Select Titles - Blank Auto from the drop down menu. Everything will be blanked apart from menus and the film.

Click on process to create new files. Then use Shrink or whatever to compress.

Once you get used to the program. You can try custom blanking.

The trick is to watch the DVD and note how many trailers are before the menu. If there is 3 trailers you will have to blank 3 bits.

Here is a guide for it. Ignore the top bit and start at the Video Title Set (VTS) Blanking bit.

http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/guides/VobBlanker/blanking/index.php

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom