1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD trading - what is a fair price?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wilber, Sep 5, 2003.

1. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've just seen a thread in the trading forum where somebody is complaining about the high price that some traders are charging.

The argument goes that "you can get YYYYY from a certain canadian site for £10 so why would you charge £12".

As somebody who does NOT buy from the early release sites (I'm too mean), I'd like to stand up for these sellers

1 Not all DVDs are equal - some people pay a premium for US covers
    2 As I stated above, DVDs can be obtained early but at a higher price, The Canadian release can come some time after this date
    3 Traders will have the DVD ready to ship from the UK and the disc will be with you faster than if you wait for Surface mail from Canada
    4 You don't have to have a credit card to buy from these traders - some people don't

If you don't like to pay a couple of quid over the Canadian price then don't offer to buy it (I often see threads offering items that I close very quickly having seen the asking price), wait a week or two and the price will fall, but don't blame the person who is selling. It's about supply and demand - the market will dictate the price.

Happy trading

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Agreed. In addition, thread spoiling is bad form.