DVD to PW6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by hornet, Sep 16, 2004.

1. hornet

hornet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I am just about to connect my Yamaha DVD to my Plasma (pw6) through the component inputs on the card that I have on the plasma.
    I would like to know is do I have to go in to any of the service menus to configure the input so that I can use the progressive scan function?
    I already have my SKY connected through an RGB to VGA converter to the VGA plug on the plasma, would this cause any issues?
    One last question, the DVD has RGB plugs and the Plasma has the full 5 component set of plugs, am I right in thinking that I can just use the ones that I need i.e. the RGB.

Sorry if the questions are a bit vague and confused, but I am at the moment. :confused:

Thanks
    D
    :)

2. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    You won't have to do anything in the Plasma menu for it to accept a prog scan signal from your dvd player - just ensure that your dvd player is set up to output prog scan (presuming it can output prog scan). You are right in that you will only need to use the RGB on your plasma's component board. Your use of the VGA input should not affect the component board.

3. hornet

hornet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks mate, i will give it a shot this evening.