1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to Plasma Connections

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by midniteman, Apr 2, 2003.

1. midniteman

midniteman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    I am running a Sony DAV300 DVD system and a PACE SKY Digital receiver to a Panasonic TH50PHW5B.
    My picture isn't great, and neither the DVD nor Plasma support SCART.
    Please, please, please can somebody help me as to how I can get the best from these systems, my knowledge on cables is pretty limited so please use idiot-language!!
    At the moment I'm using the S-Video out from the DAV300 into the S-Video in of the Panasonic. As for the Pace Sky box, I tried to connect it to the video in of the DAV300 but I can't even get a picture at all!!
    Thankyou very much in advance for your time, I will be eternally grateful if someone could spare a little time to save me jumping through the window...! :(

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi,

I'm afraid the best quality connection from the Sony DAVS300 is S-video. So I'm afraid that's the best it will get on your plasma but use a decent screened cable. The best quality output from the Pace digibox is RGB from the TV output Scart - not the VCR Scart which only outputs a composite video signal. Set your digibox in the system set-up menu to output RGB, not PAL (composite). To convert the RGB signal from the Pace to a signal your plasma can handle, you will need an RGB to VGA converter from JSTech at www.rgbtosvideo.com You can get cheaper converters but these are regarded as the best.
    To connect the Pace to the converter you will need a fully wired Scart cable from someone like QED or Ixos. Then connect the output of the converter to the plasma using a well screened VGA to VGA cable - try www.lindy.com for excellent quality cables. Hope this helps. ;)

Steve

3. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    midniteman
    have a look at the solutions on my website. For the Pace Digibox we can certainly help with the connections to your screen. A typical solution is the RGB to Plasma VGA unit where we take the output from Sky via the Plasma VGA unit to the PC input in your screen. It's an input that's not normally used in a home system, and will give you an excellent clear picture.

I'll have to check the connections on the Sony DAV system, I think you have S-Video and composite. S-Video is the connection of choice here. Some of the later DAV systems have component output too, which woudl be directly connected to your screen.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

4. midniteman

midniteman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for the replies, I will take your advice and will also look over the site for the Sky issues!! Thank you!!