DVD to Mini DV?

Was this post blanked out because of what Mitch was asking? Because I need to know the exact same thing!

I've been asked to produce a small compilation of clips for a launch party and need to use scenes from DVD's. I've tried hooking up my Sony VX2100E to the DVD player but I get a 'Copy Inhibit' warning and it doesn't work. I tried taping to video and then hooking up the camcorder but again it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The problem is that if you get the 'Copy Inhibit' message then you are obviously trying to copy material that is covered by copyright and it is therefore illegal.
You may well be able to get hold of hardware to put between the DVD player and your camcorder to remove anti piracy protection, but this is likely to cost a fair bit. Or you could get a DVD player that has the protection removed, or a hack for your DVD player. Or another option would be to create the compilation on a PC with software that allows the copying of protected video.

Mark.

I think this might work

Extract the MPEGs to a PC then run through an edit package and export as DV.

Worth a try

Look at DVD Decrytor or DVD Shrink

I had to extract some MPEGS to remove some cack and I had deleted the AVI :suicide:

Martin,
in theory what you say is correct except that most programs will not allow you to extract copyrighted files. If you have freeware etc programs then these may well be ok, but anything you buy from a shop/internet site is likely to be tied down by the law.
DVDShrink creates an image file when you rip a DVD, so that wont work AFAIK.

Mark.

if you run it through a video mixer (eg panasonic mx50) it should strip the macrovision.
not that I want to endorse or encourage illicit use of copyrighted material.

If you just want to copy to tape use a Beta video recorder!!!

While I do not endorse illegal copying, I can't see a problem with doing it for private purposes - though some may even disagree with that.

If you email me at [email protected], I'll tell you how to do it. Alternatively, if the forum permits, I can post it here (moderator?).

Regards, Rob

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom