1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to HDD on Toshiba XS34

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by thewiz69, May 26, 2005.

1. thewiz69

thewiz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How can I transfer home made movies from a DVD-RW to the HDD? I used Nero on my PC to create a DVD-VR and put my video on it. Yet, the Toshiba says it is copy protected so I cannot transfer my video to the HDD. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    It is 2X or a 4X -RW disc? Only 2X -RW are compatible with the XS32/34; this copy protected error happens if you try and use a 4x -RW.
    Also, the Toshiba will only read a -RW in Video Mode, not -VR.

Assuming you use a compatible disc it can read, you use "Line-U" dubbing.

Mark

3. thewiz69

thewiz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought 2X certified DVD-RW (Sony) and I still get the problem. How should I burn the DVD on the computer so that it can be copied on the Tosh HDD? When I look into the properties of the DVD on the Toshiba, it says that the DVD is protected. However, I see no option in Nero that protects (or unprotects for that matter) the DVD.
    Any other suggestions?

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    So physical disc should be OK (though sometimes a recorder doesn't like a particular brand/manufactuer of media). As you said you created a a DVD in -VR mode, it sounds like that is the problem. The Toshiba will read a DVD-RAM in -VR mode; with DVD-RW only Video mode. I don't use Nero, but you need to find the options to create a DVD-Video (or use RAM, if your PC burner supports it).

Mark