DVD to BLU RAY Swap

whitetop137

Standard Member
I currently have a Samsung HT TZ215 cine system with a Sub-Woofer, Centre Speaker and 4 Satellite Speakers.

I'm looking to replace the DVD player with a Blu Ray player that I can use the speakers with...basically swap the DVD player for a Blu Ray one....

or if I buy a standalone player, how do I connect it to the current system......

Not bothered about the make........but say up to £150.....

StevieBuck

The amplifier for the speakers is built-in to the DVD player. You would therefore need a Blu-ray player with a built-in amplifier to continue using your old speakers.

The problem however is that the only Blu-ray players that will have a built-in amplifer will be the ones that come as part of a Blu-ray home cinema package. So to get your hands on one, you'd be looking at buying a completely new system or at perhaps trying to find someone selling the main unit only from a used system.

Your best option I think is to buy a standard Blu-ray player with a digital optical audio output and use that to connect to the HT-TZ215.

Presumably you aren't already using the optical input on the cinema system?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom