DVD to Archos 504 - help!

L

leethom

I connected my archos using the DVD/Satellite/TV set-up and can record direct from my Satellite box and play-back through the TV. The only problem I'm having is recording FROM my DVD player to the archos. For some reason it's not picking up the DVD player signal, only the Satellite signal.

What am I doing wrong?

frankmsl

I think the DVD's you are using is copy protected. In that case there is no signal. DVDs from Disney and some studios don't allow you to copy to a portable player.

Other studios do, but you can only watch the result on the LCD screen, not the TV-out.

Have you tried it with a variety of DVD's?

L

leethom

Unfortunately I have tried a variety of DVD's (even DVD's I've filmed and finalized myself) with the same result.

frankmsl

I assume that when you activate the 'recorder' you are also not seeing the DVD player.

Do you at that moment see the satelite player on the Archos LCD screen ?

L

leethom

That's correct. When I turn the DVD player on there is no break in the satellite transmission on the LCD.

frankmsl

Then the problem is with the video output of your DVD player and not the Archos. The Archos only accepts the video input and does not do any switching. The input to the Archos is working properly or you would not be able to see the satellite signal.

For some reason your DVD player is not switching its own output to the used video output. Try maybe using another output. I have tried with RGB and standard SCART outputs and both work. There may also be a setting in your DVD player settings menu.

L

leethom

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. I'll give that a bash. :thumbsup:

frankmsl

Good luck, hope it works as the Archos is really a great piece of kit for this job.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom