1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD to Amp Question?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nickyvicar, May 17, 2003.

1. nickyvicar

nickyvicar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I am in the process of hooking up my AV sytem.

What would be the best connection for dvd to amp? I have a Yamaha 520 dvd player with coax and optical outs, a Yamaha 620 amp with coax in that the manual says is for a laserdisc player?

Also, if i do go down the digital road, what interconnect would you recommend in my budget range £10-£20?

Many thanks for any help.

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I use a digital optical cable to connect to my amp from my dvdp. This one to be precise:-
    http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetailsnew.asp?modelcode=QED-QNECTOT-1M
    I had the ax620 in the past and found it an admirable performer with either interconnect. I used both - one for movies (optical) and one for cd playback (coax) and used two souces so I could configure each seperately. I had movies on surround sound (whichever format available) but only listened to music in stereo.
    I'm sure you'd be happy with either and the fact that the souce is labeled as a laserdisc doesn't matter - you can use any optical source.