DVD times

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by r66bby, Mar 26, 2006.

1. r66bby

r66bby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi ive just bought a Bush DVR3003, it was just a cheap unit until i can afford a better one.
    I was just wondering weather anyone could tell me the recording time per disc?

Say i wanted to record a footie match or a movie would it all fit on one disc?
    Also where do you all get you blank media from?
    thanks
    rob

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,575
    It should tell you in the user manual.
    You can select the recording time versus recording quality by setting the "Record mode" or similar
    Usually 1 hour at SP
    2 hours at LP
    3 hours at EP

3. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    The Panasonics (and most of the branded ones) record 1 hour at XP, 2 hours at SP (this is probably the most used setting) 4 Hours at LP and either 6 or 8 Hours at EP. There is also a flex recording mode (FR) in which you can set the time you require between 1 and 8 hours or so.

The longer the recording time the less the quality of the DVD recorded.

Some of the cheaper recorders will only record on just +R and +RW discs so do not purchase the wrong type of disc if not multi format machine.

Many of the stores like Currys, Dixons, Comet stock blank discs but they are normally cheaper on the internet.

http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?cid=115&PHPSESSID=d817bde8ef25a15564c696571c145462

4. Analogue

Analogue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be careful with media a good brand makes all the difference. Supwermarket brands can be surprisingly good or rubbish. (e.g. Tesco UK supermarket DVD+RW's are made by top manufacturer but DVD+R's are poor quality with many failures.)

Stick to top brands Verbatim, Philips, Sony, Maxell being the best for + media and these and Taiyo Yuden for - media