DVD surround running on HDMI Humax HDR Fox-T2 Problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by jshepherd, Jul 27, 2012.

1. jshepherd

jshepherd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We purchased said item to run with a new Sharp LED TV but we’re having a problem getting our Panasonic DVD surround sound system to work.

This is connected to the TV via the SCART and so works with a DVD and also works when viewing the built-in tuner but it won’t work when viewing the Humax which is on HDMI 1 connector. I assume this is because the HDMI bus is totally separate to the SCART bus and therefore it simple can’t work?

The TV does have a headphone out and a digital audio output, so I assume I have to connect the headphone out socket the stereo phono AUX input on the surround sound system and change from TV to AUX when running the Humax? I would rather use the digital audio output but the surround sound system doesn’t have digital audio input. Is my summation correct or should the HDMI bus still work with the surround sound system – although I can’t see how. Also the TV has no monitor mode to disable the sound which doesn’t seem to help.

We’re also having picture quality problems running from the Humax which is threaded under the PVRs and VCRs section:Humax HDR Fox-T2 Picture Quality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gaspode_TWD

Gaspode_TWD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Broadly your assumption is correct. In addition any output from the TV, either from headphones or digital, is almost certainly stereo only. I imagine your DVD system can spread that arround the speakers but it will not be true surround sound. You could connect the stereo out from the Humax to your DVD system.