1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Storage

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by paul147, Nov 15, 2004.

1. paul147

paul147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I would value some feedback how to keep dvd disc stored?,i have been looking at the discgear storage system or something similar i have seen on qvc,therefore something that can store 80-100 discs only with easy indexing system,smart, reasonable and where to buy?. :lease: :lease:

2. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think http://www.discgear.co.uk/ is probably what you're after?

I have a large collection (700 odd) which I want to hide away but find them quickly. I don't like the large cabinet/shelf types or simple cases which accept the disc.

I did check out the Caselogic DVD album (holds 40) but it didn't allow the covers to be inserted without hacking them!

One option I'm considering, I don't know if it's of any interest to you or anyone else, is a sleeve and rack system from www.mmdesign.com.

Basically, you place the cover and up to 2 DVD's into a clear plastic sleeve which is specially made to stop scratches. The sleeve fits into various racks. eg. a 12"x6" rack can store 75+ DVDs. You can add separators and indexes. Downside is that they don't have a UK supplier at present and you'd have to pay the shipping etc.

I'm interested in their new DVD Pro sleeves. They're not available yet but they're sending me a sample sleeve. This allows the DVD cover to be inserted without cutting or extra bending.

Mark

3. BurninVermin

BurninVermin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    Sparkz - Would really be interested to hear what you think about the sample you get, this would solve all my storage problems in one go.

4. bluedoo

bluedoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  5. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    George: No problem. It's in the post so I should get it in the next few days. I'll reply back here...

6. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Only problem is shipping for 3 of the pro sets will be $100 :eek: :eek:
    For an outlay of $180,seems a bit much?

7. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No only $83! Around £46, so only one :eek: :)

It's a shame they haven't got a UK supplier but I think I'l still go for it providing it all fits ok. I don't really want huge shelfs or cabinets. This is the only compact solution I've seen which will accept the full DVD cover (well until I check it).

8. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I placed an order and the shipping was $106,at whitch point i cancelled and requested a sample like yourself,just to make sure :confused:
    All we need is someone in the states to ship it via a cheaper method :devil:

9. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone's interested. I got the sample from MMDesign - their new DVD Pro sleeve.

It's pretty much as I expected but I had to make sure having already been down this road. The DVD cover fits without easily. No cutting or extra folds required. Room for index card and 2 DVD's. The DVD's are protected by a protective layer of some sort of material on both sides. Doesn't seem to scratch and holds the DVD in place.

The only dilema is the shipping costs! I did check with UPS and the prices they're quoting are the real deal - not inflated as with some retailers. I did notice when buying a large number of packs the shipping price comes down quite a bit and is covered by the discount you then get. So effectively you would only have to fork out for the duties.

Have to see how many family/friends I can interest...

Mark