Dvd Storage

P

paul147

:hiya: I would value some feedback how to keep dvd disc stored?,i have been looking at the discgear storage system or something similar i have seen on qvc,therefore something that can store 80-100 discs only with easy indexing system,smart, reasonable and where to buy?. :lease: :lease:

sparkz

Standard Member
I think http://www.discgear.co.uk/ is probably what you're after?

I have a large collection (700 odd) which I want to hide away but find them quickly. I don't like the large cabinet/shelf types or simple cases which accept the disc.

I did check out the Caselogic DVD album (holds 40) but it didn't allow the covers to be inserted without hacking them!

One option I'm considering, I don't know if it's of any interest to you or anyone else, is a sleeve and rack system from www.mmdesign.com.

Basically, you place the cover and up to 2 DVD's into a clear plastic sleeve which is specially made to stop scratches. The sleeve fits into various racks. eg. a 12"x6" rack can store 75+ DVDs. You can add separators and indexes. Downside is that they don't have a UK supplier at present and you'd have to pay the shipping etc.

I'm interested in their new DVD Pro sleeves. They're not available yet but they're sending me a sample sleeve. This allows the DVD cover to be inserted without cutting or extra bending.

Mark

BurninVermin

Novice Member
Sparkz - Would really be interested to hear what you think about the sample you get, this would solve all my storage problems in one go.

sparkz

Standard Member
George: No problem. It's in the post so I should get it in the next few days. I'll reply back here...

ebury

Novice Member
Only problem is shipping for 3 of the pro sets will be $100 :eek: :eek:
For an outlay of $180,seems a bit much?

sparkz

Standard Member
No only $83! Around £46, so only one :eek: :)

It's a shame they haven't got a UK supplier but I think I'l still go for it providing it all fits ok. I don't really want huge shelfs or cabinets. This is the only compact solution I've seen which will accept the full DVD cover (well until I check it).

ebury

Novice Member
I placed an order and the shipping was $106,at whitch point i cancelled and requested a sample like yourself,just to make sure :confused:
All we need is someone in the states to ship it via a cheaper method :devil:

sparkz

Standard Member
If anyone's interested. I got the sample from MMDesign - their new DVD Pro sleeve.

It's pretty much as I expected but I had to make sure having already been down this road. The DVD cover fits without easily. No cutting or extra folds required. Room for index card and 2 DVD's. The DVD's are protected by a protective layer of some sort of material on both sides. Doesn't seem to scratch and holds the DVD in place.

The only dilema is the shipping costs! I did check with UPS and the prices they're quoting are the real deal - not inflated as with some retailers. I did notice when buying a large number of packs the shipping price comes down quite a bit and is covered by the discount you then get. So effectively you would only have to fork out for the duties.

Have to see how many family/friends I can interest...

Mark

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom