DVD storage for large collections - Help!!

Ger

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have accumalated quite a large DVD collection over the years and they are proving to be difficult to store at the moment (in a away where I can actually get to them!). I was looking at getting a DJ style disk storage box (something like this) for storing the disks, but also want to get some kind of folder to store the covers in to.

Does anyone have anything they can recommend? Or some alternative space saving storage ideas? :lease:

I have accumalated quite a large DVD collection over the years and they are proving to be difficult to store at the moment (in a away where I can actually get to them!). I was looking at getting a DJ style disk storage box (something like this) for storing the disks, but also want to get some kind of folder to store the covers in to.

Does anyone have anything they can recommend? Or some alternative space saving storage ideas? :lease:

I got a couple of 750 capacity DJ boxes

Put the discs in there (just the movie as I never bother with extras) and then left the bonus disc in the case which I put in attic

I then use Movie Collector to create a printed out catalogue which I keep in a display wallet

Boxsets I still keep on display

I have a couple of these folders, and like Duncan use a database programme to create a printed catalogue (DVD Profiler in my case). I did look at the DJ style cases, but wanted something a little less industrial looking.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
go to wh smith and buy there dvd storage folders. they are £20 quid each. a bit pricey i know but they hold 300 discs at a time with great storage space. 3 of them will sort you out for life. they are pretty much like the ones stated above form amazon, only 18 pound :)

ps/ they should retail at most wh smith branches.

Thanks lads. I will definitely have to get one of these. I think I will go with the DJ box. I have seen another that's wider, but only one disc high, so would fit under the couch just right. I will probably keep the "fancy" stuff on the shelf.

I must get started on DVD Profiler. Will take a while, but has to be done!!!

Don't start. I have just moved into a new house and had grand ideas of building shelves specially for DVDs and CDs, but......................................still haven't got around to it :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom