1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Stacker

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daren jackson, Aug 19, 2002.

1. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of these from Sony/Denon/Pioneer. Looking to stick one in a cupboard (so not worried about the size/looks/noise). How intuative is the interface. Can you peruse through the films on screen or do
    you need to use the remote (being replaced with a Pronto Pro anyway)?

Many thanks for any help.

BTW Sony UK does not seem to want to sell their Stackers in the UK - the existing model has stopped production and they are not going to introduce a replacement!

Pioneer do not sell their stackers in the UK either. Just leaves the Kenwood (unless anyone knows better!)

2. Nobber

Nobber
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    check out your post on the news groups!!!

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the sony CX850 - the 200 disc version (CX860 is the 301 disc version).

The interface on both is slow and naff. I use a pronto to list all the films in the carousel. select it and then it dials the correct disc no. (along with switch all the components etc). I also have an excel spreadsheet on a couple of pages that just lists the numbers so i can manually dial the disc on the front.

You can use the built in interface. You can place the name into 4 different lists and you can place a genre by each disc.

I'm also willing to sell if you're interested - I want a progressive denon3800 or arcam DV27

4. daren jackson

daren jackson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. I am going to hold out for the DVP-CX875P which has Progressive and support for DVD+RW (as I do video editing using this standard) plus lots of other added support (MP3, CD-rE/RW, 6 disc resume, etc. Be interesting to see if they have done anything with the interface as this seems to let the Sony down.

5. Couch Potato

Couch Potato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dont worry about the UI, it is garbage but there are plenty of ways around it, especially if you've got a Pronto.

Do a search for "Nudelist" or check out the "remote central" forum for the Nudelist utility, it's excellent and made my '860 a breeze to use.
    I wouldn't be without it now, it keeps all your DVD's in a safe place and it makes it easy to set-up for kids/wife to use without touching the kit!!

Steve