DVD Stacker player

D

daren jackson

I am looking to go the multi room audio/video route. Has anyone had any experience of the SONY DVPCX860 or equivalant?

Whats it like with audio?

I've had the Sony 860 for 4 months now. It's a great player and not having to keep swaping disks is great (no chance of getting fingerprints or scratches on your disk!).

The picture quality is good. BUT, there are some problems with this player.

1. The menu system is awful! Looks like it was designed by a backwards two year old. Don't use it! I just have a list telling me what slot a film is in and then just type that number to access the correct disk.

2. There is a design flaw in the player! It can have trouble ejecting disks out of the play mechanism. Certain batches seam to be wors than others. My first 2 players went back, but my third one has been fine. Sony know of this problem as you get a little bit of paper telling you to make sure that the edges of you disks are free of dirt & glue from the manufacturing process of the DVD's.

Despite these problems I'm really happy with my player. The menu problem isn't to bad as you can get round that, but I do wish Sony would re-design the loading/unloading mechanism.

Hope this helps,
Glenn.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom