1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD speciciations

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daves7dwarfs, Dec 12, 2004.

1. daves7dwarfs

daves7dwarfs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :hiya: I am planning to buy a DVD recorder with the aim firstly of copying from my library of VHF video tapes onto DVD, what ports on the back of the DVD recorder should i be looking for along with the connections and cables i'l be needing to buy if it's at all possible to do so copy from one to the other?
    Just like Betamax and VHF in the old video world i'm assuming that DVD+ and DVD- are of the same principle and are competing formats, please inform me which is likely to be the winner of that format battle and lastly i think, well at least for now anyway what other must have specifications ought i be making sure i have on my new DVD

2. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Neither & Both. Its a bit different to the Betamax war in that whatever machine you get you'll have no problem playing back shop bought or rented DVD's and a lot of machines can play back both + and -.

However in the not too distant future they'll both be superseeded by another format, blue ray or whatver, so forget about +'s or -'s unless you or friends already have a machine that can only read one or the other and think about what you want to do with the recorder..