1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Source for plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nicklang, Dec 6, 2004.

1. nicklang

nicklang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their advice on which plasma to get. I went for the PW7 (even running in at -14 for all settings) it's awesome, also a huge thanks to Ian and the people at Av-sales for all their support. :thumbsup:

Now I know I should ask this in the DVD player section but I have and got no response so;

I need a DVD player to show off my PW7 and need some advice, I don't mind spending about £500 and was thinking of a Denon 2910, or a 1910 and a HDMI board, which is this going to give me great PQ on my panel or should I look elsewhere?

With regards PQ is it so much better via HDMI that it's worth buying the HDMI board and connecting that way compared to component? :confused:

Cheers

Nick

2. grahamtriggs

grahamtriggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The 2910 is an excellent player, and well worth considering over the 1910 if you connect via component. It also has a larger video buffer, which helps with the layer changes.

As for the HDMI board, given recent discussions, it would really need testing with the Denons before any advice could be given.

3. Repo

Repo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Got my 2910 last week and even via component the pq is fantastic.

Only thing I have against it is the lack of a Denon/i link socket which is a bit mental on a £600 DVD player!

What AV receiver do you have?

4. nicklang

nicklang
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I'm currently using an SR6200 marantz. I'd like to upgrade but have other things on the list I want ;) (Listen up santa!)