1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD soundtracks

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by scottydog, Jun 2, 2005.

1. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if its possible to record a soundtrack from DVD onto SonicStage? I know I can easily record onto minidisc but I don't have a minidisc player that connects to my PC.

2. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    You mean, you have a DVD film, and want to record bits of the soundtrack into something you can play on your MP3 player?

If so, you'll need to get a cable connecting your players RCA Audio Outputs (white and red) into the 3.5mm Line In jack on your sound card. Then you'll need to go into Windows' volume control, enable the Line In for recording, and use a program like GoldWave or Audacity (search Google) to record into a WAV file. You can then import that into SonicStage and convert it to something smaller like MP3 or ATRAC3.

3. budlynch

budlynch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    do a search on google or whatever for "DVD Audio rippers"
    These programs will "rip" the audio from your DVD into MP3 format to do with what you want

4. scottydog

scottydog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. Its for live music DVD's that I want to do this.