1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Soon

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by john R1, Aug 25, 2003.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have noticed dvdsoon seem cheap for there dvds, are they any good ? how long do orders take to arrive using the free postage, etc, await your replys

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I've used them exclusively for my R1 purchases since November last year.

One pays at the time of ordering, not shipping

ALL packages are marked as <£18, so 'customs friendly'

'Out of stock' items can take a while to be 'in stock'

Pre-orders are shipped when their stock arrives, not on the official release date - so usually early (for the more popular titles)

Normally their free shipping option takes about a week, but can take up to two weeks on the odd occasion.

I have always found their customer service to be very good.

3. Desticado

Desticado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    have used them several times (in fact I just ordered Benny & Joon from them today for £6.75) and have never had any call for complaint.

Regards

4. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    no probs for me either ordered saving private ryan dts last week and it arrived in 5 days and only cost £7.50, have loads on preorder with them, and are my supplier of choice

5. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    just used them for first time-good service great prices.

6. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i placed an order a couple of weeks back and they arent shipped (but are in stock) however the price makes this totally acceptable. 3 top releases for about £18.......

Ad

7. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found them to be cheap but Crap. Really really slow. DVD's ordered take on average a week to be shipped once they are in stock and if they are not in stock then they take ages. DVd's take about a fortnight to reach you once they are eventually shipped. However, they are dirt cheap. You do get what you pay for. Eventually!

8. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Am I the only one who finds these two statements in opposition? How long is it after shipping, 1 or 2 weeks?

It has been closer to a week for me most of the time.

9. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452
    I find they take about a week to deliver to the UK!

My only niggle is that they actually write the name of the disc on the customs form! Giving any 'sticky fingered' postal worker the opportunity to know exactly what they are stealing before hand!

Especially as Christmas is approaching (casual labour being taken on to help with the Xmas post)!

10. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    My copy of the Two Towers and SG1 Season 4 shipped on Saturday and arrived this morning, now that is incredibly fast. They are the worst and best etailer at the same time.

Cheap but slow. I always vow never to use them again after but always go back because they just can not be beat on price.

11. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No if you read carefully I stated that its takes them a week to ship items in stock, ie put it in the post box. then it takes about 2 weeks to get to me here in Edinburgh.

For example. I ordered NYPD blue on the 15th of this month. It was marked as 'on order' until the 19th. Then 'on hand'. (in stock) today it has reached the 'packaging' status. (one week from getting the stock in) Hopefully it'll actually reach the post box this week and I'll get it about the 10th of september.

As I also said, you do eventually get the ordered items. They are much cheaper than everybody else. you just have to wait much much longer to get the DVD's.

Futureent.com in contrast are turbo fast for me. Order one day, get the DVD the next morning. However, they are about a fiver per disk dearer.

It all depends how fast you want the disc.

12. Fjolle

Fjolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    their customer support are crap... i've sent 5 mails over the last month, and none of them were answered!:thumbsdow

13. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    All my customer service enquiries via e-mail have been answered within 24 hours.

I rang them once, left a message on their answerphone, and they rang back less than an hour later.

14. Fjolle

Fjolle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  15. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Yes, that's the one.

16. Racquel Darrian

Racquel Darrian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +452

Just took me almost a year to get a refund from Futureent for a disc that got 'lost in the post'!
    In the end Trading Standards had to help me out!

You wouldn't get this type of customer service with Play!
    I won't be using Futureent again!

17. F4STLOVE

F4STLOVE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I actually prefer to use dvdempire or play theyre support is excellent, the problem with dvdsoon is that they take ages to deliver items that are in stock and it takes ages for them to respond to email. By then I end up cancelling my order.
    Also I've had bad experiences with splashdvd, they charge your card even if the item is not in stock.

18. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I have mixed feelings about DVD Soon. I've said most of this before on these forums, but they were great until the recent upheaval with the new website upgrade. This was a total tits up affair, and they didn't even warn customers about it. They were completely offline for well over a week (or was it longer?), and were not answering e-mails. They came back online, with an admittedly improved website design, but accounts were not accessible, and they were still not answering e-mails. Then accounts became accessible, and the ordering system came back into play, however, customers were not able to cancel orders, and they were still not answering e-mails!

Six weeks later, and finally we are able to cancel recent orders, but not older ones, such as the Indiana Jones Box Set, which I pre-ordered back in June, but don't now want it from Soon because of the French language all over the packaging.

Having said all that, they are still the cheapest, in most cases, and I have never had a problem with deliveries, most of which reach me within 5 days of shipment. I just cannot understand how it can take so long to get a new website up and running.