1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Soon

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by bobbles, Apr 16, 2003.

1. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Placed an order with them on the 16th March, well under the £18

I got an email confirmation on the 21st saying it had been dispatched, delivery 5-15 days (business days)

I still haven't received it so I sent them an email

They confirmed it had been dispatched and said if it doesn't turn up within 56 business days they will reship it

56! Pathetic, be warned

I am lucky enough to have a very decent postie I do not think I have ever had a dvd go missing before

2. CooperUK

CooperUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from them before Christmas and it took about 6 weeks for my stuff to get to me.

Good prices if you have the patience to wait for the goods.

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I've got a back order item in transit at the moment. There is another thread stating that they say 60 days.

Also bear in mind that anything out of the States(including Canada) is being delayed due to the Iraqi conflict.

Its not nice about 60 days but I'm willing to wait because of thier cheap prices. If I want something urgent then I'd use play or cd-wow - more expensive but good fast deliveries

4. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Coops did you email them after the 15 days or was that a reship

5. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I'am still waiting for my dvd Jackass , which was also sent of on 21/3 :mad: still not rec'd

And yes I had a reply saying you need to wait 60 Looooooooong
    Old Days untill they will confirm delivery has got lost

I have said this before but will say it again that DVD Soon need
    a good kick on the Jackass :laugh:

Just have to hope it arrives soon

:D

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobbles,

Did you use the "3-15 days" expedited delivery or the cheaper "7-28 days" surface mail option?

I used the latter a couple of times and after 5 weeks from the first time I used it I'm still waiting for the disks (probably lost but have to wait the 56 working days for all of those orders, as you say). All my previous orders (and those since) have used the expedited delivery and they've all arrived within 5-7 working days. Lesson learned: it's definitely worth the extra $1, I'm never using the cheaper shipping option again!

Amazon.ca also use surface mail for their cheapest delivery option and that too takes bloody ages (check out other threads on here).

Of the Canadian suppliers, DVD Soon is not alone, however, in requiring a hefty period to pass before they will resend. I had to wait 3 months for one order with A&B Sound (only one though), but it did arrive (and that was expedited, so it just goes to show!) and they didn't have to re-send it!

7. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Mr Squirrel

I used the extra $1 so what's going on :confused:

Oh well only 34 days to go :laugh:
    What a joke as this is the last one of 8 dvd's that I'am waitng for

:suicide:

8. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i used the 3-15 days but thay still quoted 5-15 days on the dispatch notice

9. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    A well known Australian supplier has a similar policy of 60 days

10. plasmattack

plasmattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have some beef with DVDSoon. Until recently I had never placed an order with them but decided to take the plunge with “The Ring”. After three long weeks I finally received… “8 Mile”. There’s no excuse for getting a delivery wrong in my book. I believe they could minimise such errors by including an invoice or delivery note with the goods – that way the packagers can cross-reference the order with the goods more easily.

Anyway I returned it, choosing registered post for obvious reasons. However, it transpires that DVDSoon will only reimburse the cost of postage and not the cost of additional services (such as the fact that I registered the package).

Furthermore, they did not issue a credit to my credit card. Instead, they issued my DVDSoon account with a credit, thus forcing me to buy more stuff from them. While I can’t be sure of the laws in Canada I feel confident that this represents some kind of breach.

As I made clear to them in a recent e-mail, I do not expect to pay for the mistakes of others. Deeply unimpressive.

11. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have some complictaed terms and conditions.

If I remember correctly, you can get a refund to your credit card, but it it a hassle to do so.

12. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mean when cancelling orders? If so, you just click a button and it goes straight to your card :)

13. plasmattack

plasmattack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, this has to do with refunding the cost of return postage after they cocked up an order. See above.

14. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVDSoon.com are the best (ie cheapest (by miles)/best website) Canadian supplier at the moment.

Their shipping options are in constant flux because they look for the best deal.

The surface (ie land/sea not air mail) mail option is taking 1 month or so at the moment.

Surface mail from the USA has slowed lately but just like Canadian surface, goods can turn up much earlier on occasion (ie 5-15 days which was fairly normal up until January -they maybe need to update that bit on their site).

As for order errors: that happens with every supplier and they refunded my costs within a few days. If sending stuff back from the UK make sure you send it as a "small packet" -much cheaper and faster. Don't tell the PO you have a letter in it.

As long as you have these facts I can't see any problem.

If you still have a problem email W @ gwb@whitehouse.gov

I'm sure he'll get right back to you (might be via a SWAT team though).

15. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i wrote them an email to say i thought 56 business days was extreme. They replied with quite a snotty email full of spelling mistakes.

I shall not be using them again or recommending them.

16. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I pre ordered stars wars 2 with them but was sent star trek 2. Had to send it back and get a refund. Had to wait weeks for it all to be sorted.

I havent used them since.

Darren

17. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ahh now that makes things clearer

18. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well i wrote them an email to say i thought 56 business days was extreme. They replied with quite a snotty email full of spelling mistakes.

I love their replies!

As already pointed out their first langue is French so they must use some sort of auto-translator.

Some of the things they say remind me of the Iraqi Information Minister :D

19. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    English isnt thier first language - they're French Canadians

20. PGL

PGL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems I'm in the minority here but from my dealings with them I can't praise them enough. Ordered from them before without any problems and then a few months ago I peordered Chamber of Secrets. Throughout the whole time I received updates on the order status until it was finally shipped. Got an e-mail to say it was shipped on the 7th, it turned up on the 8th - 3 days before it was released over here!

Paid about £12.50 for it - bargain.

There are always 2 sides to a story so hopefully you're in the minority and that most people don't need to post negative feedback. Hope you get it sorted in the end. Just giving my honest opinion.

:)

21. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've tested the water with DVDsoon by ordering a disk off them. So far taken about a week to process before being shipped. I've used the expidited shipping option so with a bit of luck it should arrive in the comming week.

If all is ok I may use them again for cheaper older disk where I'm not that bothered about the speed of delivery. I don't like the sound of waiting 56 days for a replacement if it's goes missing tho.:rolleyes:

22. PaulaB

PaulaB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I ordered Red Dragon as a test order it arrived in 3 days. Harry Potter also arrived in 3 days. So far I have had no trouble with them.
    Amazon.ca I am waiting for futurama which was posted 25/3.

23. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it has been 3 days over a month and still no sign

24. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Origninal DVD finally arrived yesterday, took almost 6 weeks. They put it down to the postal service being a shambles due to the war.

25. Garbo

Garbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you've used the extra $1 shipping then you should only have to wait 30 days for it to be reshipped.

26. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Garbo - That's 30 business days, i.e. 6 weeks (longer 'cause of Easter).

All my DVDs arrived from DVD Soon too, apart from one that was sent now 6 weeks ago by surface mail. If that's the only one that's lost, considering how many I ordered, I'll be happy.

27. BIONIC MAN

BIONIC MAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    At last Jackass arrived today :clap:

Oh well shell I use them next time , :confused:

But the prices are to good not two

:rolleyes:

28. APPRIA40WR

APPRIA40WR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVDSoon.com -the best Canadian retailer and soon the best North American! :D

Yes, I'm a fan and always have been.

The slowed shipping is unfortunate for sure but almost all my North American deliveries have been poor. Surface (land/sea) mail was taking less than 10 days I recall late last year but much of that cargo was going on [empty] aeroplane flights (air mail) due to the War™ and of course the many bankrupt American and Canadian airlines doing their best to rustle up some business. Since they've now managed not to rustle up more business things are looking bleaker for everyone in that business sadly.

Still, good 'ol air mail is recognised as a great service and the US of A will keep their commitments to the world's postal system.

Gawd bless America [​IMG]

29. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I've been using Soon for about a year, with very few problems (in fact, I can't recall any), but sometimes they can be quite slow shipping backordered discs. I wish they would indicate whether items are in stock, and / or estimated shipping times, but other than that, they are the cheapest suppliers I have found on the Internet, so I for one can't complain.

And the fact that they are now indicating bilingual packaging is an excellent bonus!

30. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received my DVD Soon order that was sent on 6th March by surface mail. After all this time I was sure it must've been lost in the post. Hooray! :clap: