1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Soon

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by leapfrog, Jun 15, 2004.

1. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    There have been a few complaints about waiting times from Dvd Soon recently, but the only problem I have with Dvd Soon is they have so many good deals, but because they charge your card as soon as you place the order, it limits you to how many you can afford.

If they had a wish list on our accounts, it may stop us missing out on some good deals and we could place the order when we can afford them.

I've sent them an email suggesting it and maybe if they had enough requests for this facility, they would respond and create it (as long as others think this is a good idea, or they already have a wishlist and I have just missed it :rolleyes: ).

2. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    But surely its best to pay for the item immediately, else you'd end up getting charged the prices at time of release, which are always much higher than if you get in quick!

3. leapfrog

leapfrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes, of course it is better to pay immediately, but if you have a budget you have to stick to, then you cannot order everything you'd like immediately.
    With a wishlist at least you can keep an eye on the dvds you'd like to buy in the future.

Dvd Pacific have a wishlist facility and it is really handy, you can store all of the dvds that have taken lots of trawling through pages to find or ones you have just found during your search.

Dvd Soon replied to my email within minutes, saying a wishlist has been requested lots of times and they are looking at developing one, so hopefully it will be up and running soon.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    I dont understand why they take payment straight away though, Play.com and others accept pre-orders and dont take payment until they ship out and they will only charge you the lowest price the item has been listed at so if you pre-order a title at £27 and it goes upto £32 by release day you will only be charged £27, why dont DVDSoon do this? Seems to me that they want your money right now so that it can sit in their bank account making them money which doesnt really seem fair to me.