1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Soon When do they ship?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Pooon, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    I recently used this site for the first time earlier this week(Tuesday) to order 3 region 1 dvd's, 1 of which has been released, and 2 are pre-orders.

What i want to know is will they send me the film that has been released now, followed at a later date by the films which are not yet released?, or do they send all 3 films at the same time?.

I have checked the order status and it says 'packaging' next to the released title and same against 1 of the pre-orders????. So i am at a loss really. Shall i expect a dvd to drop through my letter box in the next few days?

2. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    They do ship individual dvds but you will be in for a bit of a wait as they take quite a while to arrive, but they do have great prices so its worth the wait imo

3. Miles

Miles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My experience with them has been generally good as far as shipping times go, especially as it's Free
    :)

Usually takes about 5-7 working days.

Also they seem to put the price as 12.00 on all packages and I haven't been hit by customs...which is nice.

Got hit by customs the first time the other week from Play Simpsons boxset an extra £8 :mad:

The one downside with DVDSoon is that they charge when you buy rather than when they ship which is not the best way IMO.

But they are bloody cheap:smashin:

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Cheers guys.

And yeah they do seem cheaper than most so waiting a few days should be expected

And has anyone had any experience of using www.dvdboxoffice.com another canadian priced site with free shipping i think?

5. figrin_dan

figrin_dan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Had no problems with boxoffice and have been using them for a few years. A bit more expensive than dvdsoon and, like dvdsoon, back orders can take a long time. Pre orders are usually much better though.

btw I think 'dvdsoon' is supposed to be ironic!

6. oatmeal

oatmeal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Home of the worst postal system in the world.
    Ratings:
    +15
    The upside to DVDsoon is that they will ship new releases up to two weeks before the official release date. So, after the eight day wait for transportation you're still likely to get your new release disc before Play for example.
    Last week DVDSoon shipped me the Lion King and Italian Job (2003). Neither of those are meant to be out until next week!

7. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Really?!?! I've never had a pre-release ship early from them (movietyme or dvdsLimited are the places to go for that). They seem to ship on the date of release (possibly one day early) and it takes another three or four days to arrive. That's my only problem with DVDsoon although their prices more than make up for it!!

8. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Lion King shipped at the weekend for me, not as early as some other places but it's not due out until the 7th so not bad.

9. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Thats cool then as one of the films i pre-ordered was the Lion King